IS THE SOUL MORE THAN THE HUM OF ITS PARTS?

-Douglas Hofstadter, The Mind's I

Saturday 12 December 2009

Bon Jour ~!

Okay, well, I've had a blog before but that didn't go so well.
Or, more it did, but, adding to it just doesn't seem right after some of the stuff that's happened in my life recently.
So, I have decided to section off that piece of my life, and start a new blog - as you can see.

I don't quite plan to do the same things I did with my last blog - where it really was just a blog about my life, I guess.
I've now decided that I could do a lot more with a blog than talk about my boring self.
Or, at least, not all of the time. I am just a tad arrogant like that.

So, here goes, my first entry to the clean, new blog. It's quite fun making things like blogs...thinking up names and so on.
I wonder how some people just come up with striking names for their e-mails etc. and I have to think about it for ages. However, when it comes to naming characters...I string some letters together in my head and PING! character complete with personality, physical description and background appears in my mind.

I do suppose I should explain about myself a little bit...as, of course, it won't just be people that already know me reading my blog. I hope that people I know don't read my blog, if I'm honest...it scares me haha!
Okay, here goes:

My name is Francesca, though I'm known as Frankie, or Franky. Whichever spelling people choose, really. But, I prefer with an 'ie'...though, that connects to the reason I moved blogs so there are reasons why I have chosen to call myself Franky this way for the time being.
I'm sixteen, almost (I say almost to make myself feel better about being so young) seventeen. An Aries, which means nothing but I love my star sign. First in the zodiac, logical, determined, head-strong etc. That's very me.
I'm doing my A-levels at the sixth form of my old Girls' school. It's a mixed sixth form, but, it may as well not be. In a word ; Hell-no. (well, a hyphenated word :P)
I'm taking four subjects - I was doing Critical Thinking, too, but I dropped it because I found it unhelpful to my cause.
I study Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Pure maths with mechanics.

I enjoy Physics the most and hopefully, I'd like to take it at university. Provided I'm smart enough to get in anywhere.

So, aside from school-work, I'm pretty boring. I like cake ( who doesn't?), I don't have a favourite colour really but I do have a few I prefer. I don't have a favourite band, specifically. But, I love music so much! Generally, though I don't admit it that often, I enjoy classical music more than anything. I love Michael Buble, and Hayley Westernra (How cool is the name Westernra?...It's just awesome.)

I enjoy television series; I have a million box sets. Heroes is my favourite.
I read a lot, but, there's no such thing as too much of a good thing. I like thrillers, murder mysteries, Horror/ fantasy and romance. Yes, I'm a sucker for romance. I can't normally say so, because everyone thinks I'm a sap because of it. But, there's nothing wrong with romance novels. In fact, if anything, the thing about romance novels is they're not reality...and things don't work out as nicely as they do in books.

I like walking aimlessly, just...enjoying walking...in fact, forgetting you're walking but letting your feet just pad along like there's nothing in the world that could stop you.
I'm accident prone (walking aimlessly probably doesn't help me in that respect, sadly), have terrible balance - only on flat surfaces though - and I always seem to have some sort of injury. That's probably because I do kick-boxing though. :)
MMA is the most amazing thing after the previously mentioned! Oh, and Youtube is my child. It's so great. I don't really watch music videos, but I enjoy Katers17's Blog, a lot. It's hilarious.
And, generally I'll watch and anime I do watch on there.
I don't really like anime. It annoys me. Especially the voices. They're so irritating, I could strangle them.

But, I started pretending I disliked anime and manga all-together because some of the people I was and am close to acted like it was horrible. And, because of another person in my life, associated it with bad things, and arguments and me...I guess. So, I stopped letting anyone knows I liked it.
I do like manga though. Not so much anymore, but it's pretty to look at, and I enjoy drawing it.

I quote things a lot...films, song lyrics, other people, poems, Shakespeare, other literature etc. I love it.

I want an Xbox 360 SO much!!!! (There's my being truthful haha) I enjoy technology, like my iPod touch etc. They're awesome.

Aside from those kind of things, there isn't much else to my life. I have a love of cinema, and I have a job. My group of friends changes a lot because I move myself from tight groups. I rarely want to know people fully, which is a failing of mine. It's quite unlikely that I won't get bored of someone. There are a few rare exceptions in my life, but, generally I become disillusioned to people.
My best friend is Jack, but he lives far away from me, so I don't get to see him much. But, he's always there for me if I need to talk about things that upset me, or just laugh about nothing.
At school, my closest friends are in my Biology class, and we drive our poor, Irish teacher up the wall...accidentally.

Enough yattering away about me, okay, it's my blog, I am allowed but enough about things I like.
Oh, I like Ghost Hunt...thought I'd slip that in. Anyway, my day today...

First lesson off so I get a nice lie-in. My first lesson, which was second lesson was mechanics. Sadly I zoned out for most of it and ended up just writing part of the story I've started. Enough fanfiction for me. (well, aside from the joint one I'm working on) for a while.
Then I had break with Jade, Annie, Alice and Simon - and we chatted about nothingness and food. Which, was quite normal for us.
I had a Physics mock exam during my Physics double period, and then went over stuff for my Physics presentation on the use of steel in swords.
Panto rehearsals were on at lunch, in which I had a fight with Michael...for no reason, we just did. He asked me something, I ignored him, he kept staring at me, I pulled his hat over his eyes to stop him, he pushed me off the table and I slapped him. Then we went back to rehearsing.
Poor David's going to have to dress up as a girl because he's playing the nurse, and Pippa and the others want to drag him to Ann Summers, bless. Poor David.
He's pretty worried, and I don't blame him.
Even if I do kind of find Ann Summers shopping an interesting idea I wonder if I shouldn't have passed up before...I wonder if I could get someone to take me now...hmmm...

Anyway, it was amusing, no one in the group can act at all...the scene where Sleeping beauty gets pricked by a thorn on a rose culminated to ;
"Oh, Vincent, a rose - is that for me?"
"Oh, well, ye-"
"Thank-you, it's lovely."
"You see I've been wanting to tell you for a while I..."
(Pricks finger.) "Ouch." (Faints).

It was such a monotone of an ouch, too.

We had Biology last lesson, so, we sat and revised, and then started talking about The Jungle Book and Llama...and singing Disney songs.
Yes, this is my life.

Farewell for now. I'm off to watch Heroes. Season Three - '1961' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment